25.1.12

Couture S/S 2012 Sucks! Let's Look at Something That Doesn't!

I haven't posted in a few days and I figured I would just hold out until the couture shows and do a big post about that. But I've seen most of them now and I was generally very disappointed. So in lieu of some immediate couture reviews, and to cheer myself up, I've got a compilation of bangin' Vogue Nippon covers. There is a lot to be said for sticking to a theme, you can always spot a Vogue Japan from a mile away, and these are the kind of covers you want to keep in sight (unlike the covers of a certain North American counterpart).
It's quite probable that over in Japan, these covers are like everything else and totally boring. But who are the rest of us to know!


































But I do wish they would use more Asian models on their covers. Hell, more diverse covers are needed everywhere but you'd think in one's own country you'd get ethnic representation. Vogue China is marginally better but still, come on people.

And whoever they've got over there designing the magazine is a keeper. I even love their editorial title pages!





























If you end up looking at the couture collections you might need to come back here afterwards for a much needed pizaz injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment